Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Like and Dislike about this class


For my last discussion post I’ll talk about my like and dislike about this class. For me this class is less stressful than my other classes. When doing the discussions and comments for this class it’s much more relaxing than doing my other homework.  I really like the idea of posting 3 discussions and comments for this class. It’s a great way of learning by posting our ideas for each concept that cover each week.  The comments are helpful to the discussions as well. When I am stuck on a concept that I am learn, by reading other classmate blogs help me understand better. The comments from other classmate sometime helps me corrects my errors in some of my blogs that I didn’t have a clear understanding on.  I also like to see when some reply to my post as well.

My only dislikes about this class are the group projects, the hundred words minimum for the comments, and the twelve hours wait to post.  The group project assignments are not hard but it can be confusing. I also don’t think that was necessary to bring eight people to the last group assignment.  For the comments, I find that to reply with hundred words sometime is too much for some post. Other than these, I pretty much like this online course. Overall this class was great, this was my also my first experience of taking an online course.

4 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about some of my dislikes in the class, even though there were very few of them. My group found it difficult to find 8 people for the facilitation project. In fact, two of our volunteers dropped out last minute. I think that was one of the biggest challenges for the group projects. I also mentioned the 12 hour restrictions in my post. I feel that we already have a due date on Saturday night so it seems unnecessary to put even more restrictions on our due dates. But, I feel the benefits of the class still outweigh the negatives. This is also my first online class and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I agree that blogging and commenting on other peoples blogs was very helpful! It helped me understand the concepts more by reading another students point of view on the topic. Blogging about the concepts made me express what I wanted to say without any restrictions on grammar and/or punctuation. I also agree that the 12 hour duration between posts was a hassle and the word limit as well. I found it difficult at times to comment on someones post where I only had a 83 word count but I had already stated my point but that did help me expand the way I think more in trying to figure out what else to comment on. Nice post and good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This class was also one my least most stressful. I thought at first it would be because everyone said online classes were hard. I liked doing the blogs it was a great way to express our opinions. I liked commenting on others because it was one of the only ways to communicate with our classmates. I also went on other peoples blogs if I did not get the certain concepts. One of things I did not was the hundred word minimum because I would always end up on 80-90 words and I had nothing else to write about. The last group assignment was also a hassle because it was hard to bring the whole group together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you for the dislike, except I liked the group project because I paired up with nice people and everybody worked hard. But yea I have to say I hate the fact that we have to wait 12 hours to put the next post. That would be nice to post them all 3 just in one day. I also agree with you that it is ridiculous that our post have to be 150 words or the comments have to be at least 100 words. Sometimes just few words are enough and when i didn't know to write, i just fill in the blanks with opinions, like I am doing right now. I really didn't like the tests at all because they were timed and that was a lots of stress and pressure.

    ReplyDelete