Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What I have learned


There are a lot of materials that was covered over this course that I have learned. Some of the materials I already knew about it but it still was helpful.  Most of the concepts that I found interesting are the ones I can easily relate to. For instance, I found the fallacies that were covered in Epstein to be most interesting because it usually is uses in most of the conversations I have encounter daily. After learning about the different types of fallacies I started to notice most of them from the media as well; Like in TV commercials and advertisement.  The types of fallacies are the appeal to emotions. Where some types of appeal to emotion,like appeal to fear or pity are used to convince people.  I also learned several materials from the small group communication book as well.  Such as the different types of leaders in a group, like authoritarian, consultative, participative, and laissez-faire leadership.  Although I have experienced some of these types of leadership before, I didn’t really know the term for it. Most of the concepts that I truly understand are the ones that I had experienced before.

No comments:

Post a Comment